Regional Sales Manager Africa
An ultimate export sales challenge to develop the market of bakery ingredients in Africa!
Volledige vacature omschrijving
Our Client, AB Mauri is a worldwide supplier of yeast and bakery ingredients and is part of Associated British Foods plc. AB Mauri is a leading global company with sales in over 100 countries worldwide, providing innovative product ingredients for the bakery industry. The company has strong growth aspirations, based on superior technological bakery ingredients solutions. Therefore we are looking for an ambitious and passionate
Regional Sales Manager Africa M/V
The regional sales manager is preferably based in the Netherlands or alternatively any other country in the EMEA region. The candidate will be part of the Middle East and Africa (MEA) team of AB Mauri. This international sales position takes a leading role in consolidating and expanding the company in Africa and will boost business development through partners, distributors and local industries. The regional sales manager will expand sales on current product portfolio and will also identify opportunities to develop competitive and innovative solutions for African markets.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- responsible for turnover and margin targets according to the business plans for bakery
ingredients in Africa.
- will identify new potential industry partners and distributors in especially North/West Africa
- developing strategic awareness to align with corporate strategy.
- building a network and long-term relationships with distributors and customers.
- building relationships with all stakeholders at local, regional and global level within
- works internally with the MEA and European team on the development of a competitive and
innovative product portfolio for the local markets.
- providing customer support and advice by leveraging internal technical and
- preparing and delivering reports and insights to define sales targets.
- collecting market and customer data and taking initiative on new business development.
- participating in international exhibitions and have a travel frequency of around 40% -50%.
- a commercial bachelor/university degree.
- minimum of 5-8 years of sales and business development experience in bakery and/or
- experience with bread /pastry or the bakery /food processing market in Africa or MEA region.
- commercial experience on distributor management and/or account management level.
- sufficient business knowledge of French (speaking) and English (speaking & writing).
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- commercially ambitious and result driven.
- taking initiative on business development.
- proactive and pragmatic in problem solving.
- strong communicator and analytical.
- flexible and decisive in changing situations.
- strong cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- understanding the business approach in Africa.
- the regional sales manager will report to the Sales Director Africa.
- the renumeration package is excellent and in alignment with the standards of ABF plc.
- the regional sales manager will be part of an inclusive and diverse high performing global
working environment that supports and promotes personal development and collaboration.
- your working location is preferred in the Netherlands (Dordrecht), with remote working
possibilities, but due to frequent travel, your working location can be flexible as well.