Area Sales Manager Asia
Challenge for international sales manager to contribute to better cattle breeding and better nutritional products in Asia!
Volledige vacature omschrijving
Our Client, CRV is one of the largest, most progressive international cattle breeding companies in the world. The company is involved in the development, production, and sale of genetic products and information products, as well as providing services such as milk recording, artificial insemination and type classification. CRV has invested heavily to continuously develop its own global breeding programs for Holstein, Fleckvieh, Grass fed, Jersey, MRIJ, and Beef sires. CRV distinguishes through innovative genetics and data solutions in Health and Efficiency, being the only company in the world using actual feed intake data to improve the efficiency of our future food producers. Their products and services are marketed worldwide in more than 60 countries to 60,000 customers, primarily dairy and beef farmers.
CRV has locations in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, the Czech Republic, Spain, Brazil, USA, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and South Africa. There are more than 1300 employees working for CRV in the Netherlands. The head office is located in Arnhem (Netherlands). For further local growth an market development, we are looking for an experienced commercial and ambitious
Area Sales Manager Asia (cattle breeding)
In this position the area sales manager is solely responsible for the business development and sales to customers in Asia. He/she will have the focus on existing customers and will be dedicated in searching for new customers in the local Asian cattle markets. CRV’s strategy in emerging markets is rapidly evolving, making this job exciting and challenging. The area sales manager is eventually located in the region (e.g. South east Asia or China) or in the Netherlands (with EU permit only) In any case he/she will work closely together with local colleagues as well as located in the Netherlands.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- responsible for sales and margin results in the Asian markets.
- develop and execute sales plans for existing and new accounts for the Asian region with
strong focus on China and according to the international strategy.
- develop and maintain long term relationships with your local customers in Asia
(distributors and dairy farmers).
- you are planning and are committed to budgeted resources based on a local
- signal market trends and opportunities at customer level as an input for new
- 30-50 % of your time you will be traveling throughout the region.
- participate in international trade fairs.
- organize local product training for distributors and/or customers.
- expressing cross-cultural sensitivity.
- minimum a bachelor/university education preferably with an agricultural focus.
- you have minimum of 5 years international commercial experience within the
Asian region and preferably a background in agriculture, ranching, (dairy)
cattle industry, feed industry or having veterinary expertise.
- commercial experience on distributor- and account management level.
- excellent knowledge of English is required;
- knowledge of any other language is an advantage.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- commercially ambitious and result driven.
- independent and entrepreneurial.
- taking initiative on business development.
- proactive and pragmatic in problem solving.
- strong communicator and analytical.
- flexible and decisive in changing situations.
- strong cross-cultural awareness.
- sensitive on local cultures in Asian countries.
- team player.
- the remuneration package is in line with the requirements for this position,
including bonus and personal training on developing commercial skills.
- the Area Sales Manager Asia reports to the Managing Director Emerging Markets.
- this position can be locally and remote (e.g. in Southeast Asia or China) and
will be based on local conditions with home office OR will be based in The Netherlands
(Arnhem, but only possible with an existing EU working permit!).
- the Area Sales Manager is part of a team of Area Sales Managers that work closely together to
achieve growth in emerging markets.